TBC was organized in 1882 on a small piece of land owned by Addie Mae and William J. Russell, white property owners.
Recognizing the need for a common place of worship, a small group of Timothy Road residents built a brush arbor made from tree limbs, pine brush, and vines.
The Rev. Adam Bell provided pastoral leadership to early TBC. There is no documentation, but many of the early worshipers were former slaves and witnessed the end of the Civil War.
The first wooden-framed building was constructed in the early 1900's. Rev. W. W. White led 23 worshipers into this new structure. From 1900 to the mid-1930's seven pastors served the church: Rev. Sloan Brown, Rev. John Henry Stephens, Rev. Powers, Rev. Harris, Rev. Hughes, Rev. John Bowles, and Rev. John Gordon. Others pastors include: Rev P.E. Dorsey (mid-30's to 1949), Rev. J.W. Evans (1950-1965).
On November 30, 1963, the Russell family released all of its interest in the property on which our present building is located.
Later pastors included: Rev Wm. Bowen (1967), Rev John H. Smith (1968-1981), Rev Scotty Randolph (1982-1986), Bishop Jerry F. Hutchins (1987-2011)
On July 11, 1999, ground was broken for our present facility. Ribbon Cutting and Entrance Day Celebration were held on August 26, 2001.
During his tenure Bishop Hutchins implemented several ministries at Timothy. Some of the establishments were:
Bishop Hutchins' vision to establish a church in Barrow County came to fruition as the first services were held at TBC-West on June 12, 2009 with Elder Jesse Halbert serving as pastor.
After 24 years of faithful service, Bishop Hutchins met with the church body and on May 14, 2011 and named Pastor Tracy L. Boles as his successor. Pastor Boles, along with his wife, Darlene, and children-Tracy James, Faith, and Love, was duly installed as senior pastor on Sunday, October 2, 2011.
Timothy has continued the legacy in 2012 through love and discipleship. Pastor Boles has done a tremendous job in taking Timothy to the next level. Under Pastor Bole’s leadership hundreds of disciples have been added.
Additional ministries have been added under Pastor Boles’ leadership:
While we are pleased that we have been successful in all of our endeavors, we have never forgotten that God is the source of all our success. We pray that He will continue to bless us, to guide our pastor and leaders, and to sustain us as we continue to do His will. We are the recipients of a legacy of blessings and service. It is our fervent prayer and commitment that we continue to build and provide for our heirs the same blessed heritage we have enjoyed.